Saturday, August 31, 2013

Boston's Middle East Comes in at #19

I’ve always preferred small, intimate venues over large stadiums so I’m thrilled that Boston’s Middle East made the list of Rolling Stones Top 20 Best Rock Clubs. That being said, I’ve actually never been to the downstairs club portion of the popular Lebanese restaurant. Hosting many rock, punk, alternative, and indie bands, the club is a mainstay in Boston’s music scene. Having been to other rock clubs in Boston including The Paradise and the Avalon (now House of Blues) suffice it to say there are many options to see bigger bands come through town. Many of my friends have been to the Middle East before and all enjoy the small, hole in the wall feel of the club. The list has write ups on many other notable venues across the country in cities such as Portland, New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle which have played host to many great acts over the years. Have you been to any on the list?

Rolling Stone's Top 20 Best Rock Clubs

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Middle East. I've probably been there more than any other Boston club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Suzanne! It's definitely on my list of places to go, I can't believe I still haven't been!
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's not forget that the Middle East is in CAMBRIDGE. Not to be confused with Boston. Wicked pissah competitive relationship, just sayin'..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been to brooklyn bowl and bowery ballroom

    ReplyDelete