Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Morning Playlist

I had a birthday this weekend! And as a present to myself, I bought one of my favorite albums on vinyl to add to the small (but growing) collection of records that my boyfriend and I have been cultivating. Gregory Alan Isakov is an amazing performer (if you have the chance to see him live, don't miss it) and a very nuanced storyteller. His songs are layered and evocative, pulling from themes of travel and journey and growth.

He is about to release a new album at the end of next week (June 10, 2016) that is a collection of his songs arranged with the accompaniment of the Colorado Symphony. He has performed with the Seattle Symphony in the past and due to the fulfilling nature of that endeavor has set out on a national tour with accompaniment from varying regional orchestras. This is so cool.

On YouTube — Wednesday AM Playlist: June 1, 2016

1. Big Black Car (from "This Empty Northern Hemisphere")
2. 3 a.m. (from "That Sea, The Gambler")
3. The Stable Song (from "That Sea, The Gambler")
4. Amsterdam (from "The Weatherman")
5. Dandelion Wine (from "This Empty Northern Hemisphere")
6. If I Go, I'm Goin (from "This Empty Northern Hemisphere")
7. Evelyn (from "This Empty Northern Hemisphere")
8. Suitcase Full of Sparks (from The "Weatherman")
9. Saint Valentine (from "The Weatherman")
10. Virginia May (from "This Empty Northern Hemisphere")

No comments:

Post a Comment